What's NewComing SoonOpeningMiddlegameEndgameSets/BoardsDiscountsDVDsDownloadsApps & eBooks

Shop

Attacking Manual 1 & 2

SAVE 15% on volumes 1 & 2 Combined
by Jacob Aagaard

Attacking Manual 1 & 2
Larger view

Our Price: $ 69.90 $ 59.95 (Paying in US$ only for customers in the US and Canada)

Publisher: Quality Chess, 2010
Edition: Paperback medium
Items: 2
Pages: 784
Language: English

Add to cart

English Chess Federation Book of the Year 2010

Jacob Aagaard explains the rules of attack (the exploitation of a dynamic advantage), balanced between understandable examples, and deep analysis.

Where Volume One was about the laws of dynamics, the font of all attacks.

Volume Two deals with weak kings, sacrifices, various minor attacking themes, intuitive sacrifices, opposite castling, modern king hunts, and enduring initiative.

Also available in hardcover.

Ray Edwards, Julian Farrand, David Friedgood - ECF judges:
"With the publication of Volume 2 the author completes a project which has taken him 7 years to complete and as he writes, ‘fulfilled a personal ambition'. These comprehensive volumes are one of the few that can compare favourably with Dvoretsky's manuals.

This is a volume which is intended for the serious student. An excellent innovation is the provision of study positions before the main body of the text discusses them so the reader obtains maximum benefit from his efforts.(..)

Aagaard has written a significant and original treatise on the fine art of attacking play."

Derek Grimmell, ChessCafe:
"Few chess authors do a better job than he of finding just the right example, exercise, or game to illustrate a given point."

IM John Donaldson:
"The number of different books published on the game of chess is huge... Unfortunately few of these are devoted to attacking the king which seems sort of strange. The most ambitious approach to the subject is the two volume series (..)"

Attacking Manual 1, 2nd EditionAttacking Manual 2

Add to cart

Related products

Customers who bought this item also bought

Invisible Chess MovesGM Rep. 8 & 9 - The Grünfeld Defence Vol. 1 & 2Build up your Chess 1, 2 & 3 CombinedExcelling At - The Complete SeriesUnderstanding Chess Endgames
Invisible Chess Moves Discover Your Blind Spots and Stop Overlooking Simple WinsGM Rep. 8 & 9 - The Grünfeld Defence Vol. 1 & 2 Save 10% on both Volumes CombinedBuild up your Chess 1, 2 & 3 Combined Save 10% on the Complete Build up SeriesExcelling At - The Complete Series Save 20% on the Volumes 1 - 5 CombinedUnderstanding Chess Endgames Key Concepts Explained
Browse products

  view all authors
  view all publishers
Special Discounts
Euro / US Dollar / GB Pound

Currencies