Chess Magazine April 2019: Gold & Silver
Luke McShane helps England to a silver medal at the World Team Championships and picks up a gold medal on board two.
- We ship all over the world
- Expert customer service
- Money-back guarantee
In this issue:
- Editorial – Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with…Blair Connell – The Guildford-based player is a big fan of the Jobava London System
- Gunina Shines – The Russians dominated the inaugural Cairns Cup in St. Louis
- How Good is Your Chess? – Daniel King presents a brave and brutal mating attack
- Forthcoming Events – Will you be playing somewhere over Easter?
- Not as Solid as a Rock – More excitement and instruction from Gibraltar
- The Path to the Top – News of who qualified for the Championship Pool in the 4NCL
- The Rise of the Machine – Deep Learning expert Kanwal Bhatia enjoyed two new books
- Fifty Years Ago – Ben Graff looks back to 1969 and Petrosian vs Spassky
- James Sherwin – John Stubbs and Chris Beaumont met up with the American legend
- Find the Winning Moves – Can you do as well as the players at the 4NCL and on the Rock?
- Never Mind the Grandmasters… – Carl Portman’s autobiography would be called ‘My Greatest Mistakes’
- Readers’ Letters – Your thoughts on newspaper columns and The Grandmaster
- How Chess Ideas Evolve – Amatzia Avni charts the journey of a couple of his creations
- Overseas News – 62nd seed Kaido Kulaots won the ever strong Aeroflot Open
- Young Stars Shine – Bob Jones reports from Exeter as Shreyas Royal annotates
- Home News – Success for Arkell, Hebden, McPhillips and Imperial College
- This Month’s New Releases – Sean Marsh enjoyed Michal Krasenkow’s best games collection
- Saunders on Chess – John remembers when MCO was the definite opening tome
|Choose your edition :||Magazine|
|Publication date :||April 1, 2019|
|Number of pages :||60|
|Publisher :||Chess & Bridge London|
|Weight :||144 gram|
We found other products you might like!