Chess Magazine December 2019: Wang Hao Wins
John Saunders reports back from the Isle of Man.
- We ship all over the world
- Expert customer service
- Money-back guarantee
In this Issue:
- Editorial – Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with…GM Jonathan Rowson – The leading chess thinker believes we are underselling the game
- Chinese Success – and Hao! – John Saunders reports from the FIDE Chess.com Grand Swiss
- How Good is Your Chess? – Nikita Vitiugov’s play has made an impression on Daniel King
- Black Sea Bronze – Kanwal Bhatia was part of a successful England squad in Batumi
- Find the Winning Moves – Can you do as well as the players on the Isle of Man?
- The Moves That Matter – Jonathan Rowson’s take on the 4NCL from his new book
- Forthcoming Events – Will you be playing at the Classic or anywhere this December?
- Christmas Stocking Fillers – Let Sean Marsh be your guide for what to get for Christmas
- I Remember – Ben Graff reflects on the past and future for chess in Coventry
- Readers’ Letters – We discover that Howard Staunton did copyright moves
- Never Mind the Grandmasters… – Carl Portman was inspired by seeing chess played at Blenheim
- Is Grabbing Gary Good? – Junior Tay ponders what to do when the g-pawn is dangled
- It is a very Large Board – Amatzia Avni shows why looking at the whole board is useful
- Home News – We reflect on all the good work done by the late David Welch
- Overseas News – Magnus Carlsen was annihilated by Wesley So at Fischer Random
- Solutions – How did you get on with Benko’s Bafflers back in October?
- This Month’s New Releases – Sean Marsh examines the new edition of a ‘Startling’ repertoire
- Saunders on Chess – John continues to wonder if chess is becoming ever faster
|Publication date :||December 1, 2019|
|Number of pages :||60|
|Publisher :||Chess & Bridge London|
|Weight :||144 gram|
- Magazine SubscriptionAs low as €89.99