Chess Magazine February 2020: Candidates Confirmed!
GM Ian Nepomniachtchi wins the Jerusalem FIDE Grand Prix to capture the last remaining spot for the Candidates Tournament.
- We ship all over the world
- Expert customer service
- Money-back guarantee
In this issue:
- Editorial – Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with…Leon Watson – Working for Chessable is a dream job for the former crime reporter
- Classic Drama – Ding Liren, not Carlsen, finished first in the GCT Finals at Olympia
- A Fun Fundraiser – Terry Chapman annotates the best game of the Pro-Biz Cup
- The Power of Intuition – Carl Strugnell details his return to chessboxing after a long break
- Nepo Nails It – Ian Nepomniachtchi became a Candidate, as Yochanan Afek explains
- In From the Cold – Danny Gormally reports from a rejuvenated Hastings Congress
- Find the Winning Moves – Can you do as well as the players in the closing legs of the GCT?
- The Love of a Woman… or the Love of Chess? – Mark Ozanne tries to understand why he sacrificed a relationship
- Chess Marathon – Ben Graff has been playing a lot of chess of late
- How Good is Your Chess? – Daniel King enjoyed his visit to the Sunway Sitges Festival
- He’s Ours! – How one club is reclaiming its part in history, by Leon Watson
- Never Mind the Grandmasters… – Carl Porman’s opening preparation came off for once
- Blunders and Brilliancies – Danny Gormally shows there were again plenty of both at Hastings
- Studies – Brian looks at the work of Steffen Nielsen and Martin Minski
- Home News – Michael Adams rode his luck at times, but won the British KO
- Overseas News – Magnus Carlsen completed a hat-trick of titles over Christmas
- Solutions – How did you get on with last month’s Christmas quiz?
- This Month’s New Releases – The new Kaufman, Sielecki and Levenfish works are reviewed
- Saunders on Chess – John wonders whether internet blitz is a generational thing
|Choose your edition :||Magazine|
|Publication date :||February 17, 2020|
|Number of pages :||60|
|Publisher :||Chess & Bridge London|
|Weight :||144 gram|
We found other products you might like!
- Magazine SubscriptionStarting at €89.99