Chess Magazine May 2019: David's Delight
The full story of England's Astana Triumph.
- We ship all over the world
- Expert customer service
- Money-back guarantee
In this issue:
- Editorial – Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with…Aditya Munshi – The Nottingham teenager certainly enjoys his chess
- A Silver Lining – Russia won the World Team Championship and England also shone
- Forthcoming Events – Will you be playing chess over either Bank Holiday weekend?
- The Old and the New – Hikaru Nakamura and Jennifer Yu triumphed at the U.S. Championships
- Manx Derailed – Guildford were left in a clear lead after round 8 of the 4NCL
- Endgame Masterclass – Gawain Jones presents two instructive endings from Astana
- Studies with Stephenson – David Hodge triumphed at the British Chess Solving Championship
- Fifty Years Ago – John Saunders looks back at the world’s best players in 1969
- Find the Winning Moves – Can you do as well as the players at the 4NCL?
- How Good is Your Chess? – Daniel King presents an Adhiban win from the World Teams
- Opening Trends – The Reti continues to hold sway at the top of the chart
- Never Mind the Grandmasters… – Carl Portman has been frustrated by a run of draws
- Blundering – Matthew Lunn examines four instructive early blunders
- Overseas News – Vladislav Artemiev triumphed once again in the European Individual
- Home News – Alan Merry and Aditya Munshi did well at the Nottingham Congress
- This Month’s New Releases – Works from McFarland and on the Alekhine come under the microscope
- Saunders on Chess – Magnus Carlsen’s play of late has reminded John of Alekhine
|Choose your edition :||Magazine|
|Publication date :||May 1, 2019|
|Number of pages :||60|
|Publisher :||Chess & Bridge London|
|Weight :||144 gram|
We found other products you might like!