King’s Gambit Vol. 2
King’s Gambit Vol. 2
- We ship all over the world
- Expert customer service
- Money-back guarantee
About / King’s Gambit Vol. 2
This DVD mainly deals with two things:
1) Some of the most interesting lines in the King’s Gambit starting with 3 Nf3, especially concentrating ‘on the refutation of the King’s Gambit (Fisher)’ 3...g5. I have given the reader a full repertoire, that they can play with 3 Nf3, so all lines are covered. We also briefly look at the crazy 3 Be2 3 d4 and 3 Nc3.
2) The King’s Gambit Declined – What happens if Black does not play 2...exf4?
The DVD covers:
1: The Caveman hack attack! - 1 e4 e5 2 f4 exf4 3 Nf3 g5! 4 d4 g4! 5 Bxf4!? - An interesting and crazy way to sacrifice a piece against Blacks main repsonse.
2: The more restrained approach: - 1 e4 e5 2 f4 exf4 3 Nf3 g5! 4 d4 Bg7 5 Nc3 d6 6 g3!
3: Black avoids playing 3...g5 – All other variations are briefly looked at.
4: Other crazy King’s Gambit ideas – 3 Be2, 3 d4 and 3 Nc3 are looked at Part 2 – The King’s Gambit Declined
5: 2...Bc5 – Recommended in a number of books, this line is a very popular approach from Black.
6: 2...d5 – All variations are covered.
7: 2...Nc6 (The Miles variation)
8: Other possibilities
• Video running time: 5 h 33 min (English)
• With interactive training including videofeedback
• Exclusive training database with selected 50 games
• Including CB 12 Reader
Simon Williams became a IM in 1998 and a GM in 2008. For the last 15 years he has concentrated on teaching, playing and making instructional chess DVDs. His playing style is very aggressive, preferring attacking chess to positional grinds, hence why he is perfect for DVDs on the King’s Gambit and Mazing Moves!
He is the author of numerous chess books. My first chess book. ‘Play the Classical Dutch’ got voted, in New in Chess, as one of the top 10 chess books of all time.
>> Save 10% on: King's Gambit Vol. 1 & 2 combined!
System requirements: Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and internet connection for program activation.
Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 7 or Windows 8, DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.