Meeting the Gambits Vol. 1 & 2: Save 10% on Two Volumes Combined
- We ship all over the world
- Expert customer service
- Money-back guarantee
Despite the advances in computing power, gambit play is still very common, especially among young players, club players and improvers, and it is wise to learn how to defend against these dangerous ideas. You do not want to be wiped out in the opening!
Meeting the Gambits Vol. 1 - Gambits after 1.e4
- Evans Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.b4)
- King’s Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.f4)
- Scotch Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 exd4 4.Bc4)
- Danish Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.d4 exd4 3.c3)
- Göring Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 exd4 4.c3)
- Morra Gambit (1.e4 c5 2.d4)
- Wing Gambit (1.e4 c5 2.b4)
- Milner Barry Gambit (1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.e5 c5 4.c3 Nc6 5.Nf3 Qb6 6.Bd3 cxd4 7.cxd4 Bd7 8.Nc3 Nxd4 9.Nxd4 Qxd4)
- Blackmar-Diemer Gambit (1.e4 d5 2.d4 dxe4 3.Nc3 followed by 4.f3 vs Caro-Kann, Scandinavian and French)
Meeting the Gambits Vol. 2 - Gambits after 1.d4
- The Benko Gambit - 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 c5 3.d5 b5
- The Budapest Gambit (including the Fajarowicz Gambit) - 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e5
- The Albin Counter-Gambit - 1.d4 d5 2.c4 e5
- The Von Hennig-Schara Gambit - 1.d4 d5 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 c5 4.cxd5 cxd4
- The Queen’s Gambit (a little-known system for Black) - 1.d4 d5 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Nf6
Andrew Martin is an English chess player with the title of International Master. He has won various national and international tournaments and was a commentator on the chess world championship between Kasparov and Kramnik in 2000. He is known as a professional chess teacher and head trainer of the English youth team. He is a chess columnist, an author of chess books and the author of various instructional videos. He was the publisher of the series Trends Publications. Andrew Martin has recorded extensively for Chessbase since 2004.
Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Windows 8.1, DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and internet connection for program activation.
Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 10, DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVDROM drive and internet connection for program activation.
|Edition :||Combined Product|
|Publication date :||July 9, 2018|
|Number of pages :||0|
|Weight :||160 gram|