Nunn's Chess Endings 1 & 2
- We ship all over the world
- Expert customer service
- Money-back guarantee
Save 10% on Nunn's Chess Endings, Volume 1 & 2 Combined
In this major two-volume work, renowned endgame theoretician John Nunn teaches the skills that are most important to success in practical endgames.
Going beyond standard texts, Dr Nunn shows how to apply knowledge of standard endgames to find the right methods in tricky real-life practical situations - even when they differ greatly from the idealized forms given by traditional endgame manuals.
- Identifies new and important motifs which occur repeatedly in over-the-board play
- how to make use of those characteristics to choose the right plan
- Tactical elements are heavily featured
- In many examples, previous analysis is corrected
- Focuses on endgames that are susceptible to concrete analysis
- Geared to the over-the-board player - no composed or artificial positions
- Ideas underlying analysis - however complex - are richly explained in words
Nunn shows that lack of familiarity with key ideas can cause important ideas and themes to be missed even by very strong players. We discover that a staggering amount of previously published endgame analysis is simply wrong, and that many of the standard guidelines are at best partially true.
Dr John Nunn is one of the best-respected figures in world chess. He was among the world's leading grandmasters for nearly twenty years, winning four gold medals in chess Olympiads and finishing sixth overall in the World Cup in 1989.
He is a much-acclaimed writer, whose works have won 'Book of the Year' awards in several countries. In both 2004 and 2007 Nunn was crowned World Chess Solving Champion, ahead of many former champions.
|Edition :||Combined Product|
|Number of pages :||672|
|Weight :||1260 gram|