Opening Repertoire: 1 e4
- We ship all over the world
- Expert customer service
- Money-back guarantee
In this book, prolific chess author Cyrus Lakdawala recommends a repertoire for White players who like to open 1.e4.
The repertoire is based around two main themes:
- The suggested variations for White are ones that rely far more on a generic understanding of strategic ideas rather than the memorisation of reams of opening theory. This explains the choice of the Bishop’s Opening (handled “Lopez-style”) against 1...e5 and the Bb5 variations against the Sicilian Defence. Both these lines are designed to create dynamic and interesting middlegame positions rather than attempting to score a quick knockout victory – a generally overambitious aim that often backfires
- The variations are chosen so that White can gain space whenever possible. Therefore the Advance Variation is recommended against the French Defence (1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.e5) and also the Caro-Kann Defence (1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.e5). The fact that these lines often create similar middlegame structures is helpful for general comprehension of White’s plans.
- Everything you need to know to open 1 e4 with confidence
- Solid, reliable systems that do not require a mass of memorisation
- Written by one of the world’s leading chess authors
Cyrus Lakdawala is an International Master, a former National Open and American Open Champion, and a six-time State Champion. He has been teaching chess for over 30 years, and coaches some of the top junior players in the U.S.
|Choose your edition :||Paperback|
|Publication date :||May 10, 2018|
|Number of pages :||336|
|Weight :||574 gram|
- Chess for Hawks: Improve your Vision, Sharpen your Talons, Forget your FearStarting at €17.99