American Chess Magazine no. 9: Brothers in Arms
- We ship all over the world
- Expert customer service
- Money-back guarantee
In this Issue:
- An extensive coverage of the World Championship Match in London with each game played being thoroughly examined by our regular GM-contributors Mackenzie Molner, Joel Benjamin and John Burke.
- The 43rd Chess Olympiad was under the scope of Bassem Amin, Robert Hungaski, Elshan Moradiabadi, Jennifer Yu and Susan Polgar.
- Jacob Aagaard’s regular column also focuses on games from Batumi.
- Key games from one of the strongest open tournaments ever, Isle of Man 2018, are annotated by none other than the winning couple – Radek Wojtaszek and his wife Alina Kashlinskaya.
- The best Olympiad performer, Peruvian Jorge Cori, added another success by winning the very strong SPICE Cup Open from where he annotates a couple of his interesting games, while his only defeat in the tournament is presented by his opponent, young US star Awonder Liang.
- Former World Junior Champion Alex Ipatov shares his own analysis of a fresh idea in the deeply explored Breyer Variation of the Ruy Lopez, based on revitalization of a different move order applied at the early stage of the game.
- Chess journalist from London, Leon Watson was so full of positive impressions after participating in a chess event in New York’s Central Park that he wanted to share them with our readers and pay his compliments to the chess scene in the US.
- There’s even more chess in the Big Apple as ACM presents the USA Chess Tour – a new and ambitious player on the American tournament circuit.
- In his regular column for ACM, Alex Fishbein deals with pawn endgames and suggests a way of approach them in the 21st century.
Other regular columns are here too: news from chess technology, book reviews, chess-doubles, tournament reviews. And a very special guest in our 5x5 is Asia’s first grandmaster, Eugenio Torre from the Philippines.
|Publication date :||December 24, 2018|
|Number of pages :||152|
|Publisher :||Chess Informant|
|Weight :||430 gram|