The Bishop: Danger on the Diagonal: The Power of the Pieces Series
The First Volume of the Power of Pieces Series examines the Bishop.
- We ship all over the world
- Expert customer service
- Money-back guarantee
In his new, ground-breaking series, The Power of the Pieces, Belorussian grandmaster Sergey Kasparov examines the strengths, weaknesses and overall characteristics of each piece on the chessboard.
This first volume in the series is about the bishop. Its role in the opening, middlegame and endgame is discussed in detail, amply supported by over 140 examples from tournament praxis.
- Bishops of the Same Color
- Opposite-Color Bishops
- Bishop vs. Knight
- Bishop vs. Rook
- Two Bishops vs. Knight and Bishop
- Bishop vs. Pawns
- The King’s Indian Bishop
- The French Bishop
- The Nimzo-Indian Bishop
- The Fianchetto on g2
- The Stonewall Bishop
- The Advantage of the Two Bishops
- The “Bad” Bishop
- The Attacking Bishop
- Opposite-color Bishops in the Middlegame.
Popular chess author Sergey Kasparov is known for his entertaining writing style. His books are always instructive and insightful. Books previously published include The Exchange Sacrifice and Doubled Pawns.
|Choose your edition :||Paperback|
|Publication date :||February 11, 2019|
|Number of pages :||256|
|Publisher :||Russell Enterprises|
|Weight :||334 gram|
- Taming Wild Chess Openings: How to Deal with the Good, the Bad and the UglyStarting at $21.99
- Magazine RenewalStarting at $99.99