The Cutting Edge 1 - The Open Sicilian 1: State-of the-Art Opening Theory
- We ship all over the world
- Expert customer service
- Money-back guarantee
This book is the first in a new series from Quality Chess examining the cutting edge of opening theory. The idea is to identify the most important theoretical battlegrounds of the moment and then analyse as deeply as possible in search of improvements.
Thus the reader will be ahead of the current state-of-the-art, rather than lagging behind trying to memorize old games.
In The Cutting Edge1 - The Open Sicilian 1 the variations covered are:
• Sveshnikov 13.Nxb5 piece sac: 9.Bxf6 gxf6 10.Nd5 f5 11.Bd3 Be6 12.c3 Bg7 13.Nxb5 axb5 14.Bxb5
• Sveshnikov 18.h4 pawn sac: 9.Nd5 Be7 10.Bxf6 Bxf6 11.c3 0–0 12.Nc2 Bg5 13.a4 bxa4 14.Rxa4 a5 15.Bc4 Rb8 16.b3 Kh8 17.Nce3 g6 18.h4!?
• Sveshnikov: 9.Nd5 Be7 10.Bxf6 Bxf6 11.c4
• Rauzer, doubled f-pawn variation: 6.Bg5 e6 7.Qd2 a6 8.0–0–0 Bd7 9.f4 b5 10.Bxf6 gxf6
• Chinese Dragon: 9.Bc4 Bd7 10.0–0–0 Rb8
• Dragon, 12...Re8 system: 9.Bc4 Bd7 10.0–0–0 Rc8 11.Bb3 Ne5 12.Kb1 Re8
• Dragon, Topalov variation: 9.Bc4 Bd7 10.0–0–0 Rc8 11.Bb3 Nxd4 12.Bxd4 b5
• Taimanov, English Attack main line: 5.Nc3 Qc7 6.Be3 a6 7.Qd2 Nf6 8.f3 Bb4 9.0–0–0
• Taimanov, English Attack with 8... Be7: 5.Nc3 Qc7 6.Be3 a6 7.Qd2 Nf6 8.0–0–0 Be7 9.f3
• Taimanov with 5...a6: 5.Nc3 a6 6.Nxc6 bxc6 7.Bd3
• Kan: 5.Nc3 Qc7 6.Bd3 Nf6 7.0-0 Bc5
• Kan: 5.Bd3 Bc5
The Najdorf will be covered in The Cutting Edge: The Open Sicilian 2.
Milos Pavlovic is a highly experienced Serbian grandmaster and former Yugoslav Champion, whose analysis is regularly featured in New in Chess and Chess Informant. This is his first book for Quality Chess.
|Publication date :||April 2, 2010|
|Number of pages :||168|
|Publisher :||Quality Chess U.K.|
|Weight :||296 gram|