NIC Interactive eBooks
An increasing number of books published by New In Chess have a digital edition, the NIC Interactive eBook:
- it can be read on all devices: PC, notebook, tablet, and smartphone
- it is an exact copy of the print book
- it arrives within a couple of minutes
- the postman will not be ringing your door
- it doesn’t take up space on your bookshelves
- and it allows you to replay all the games, fragments and variations on the built-in chessboard
Important: Access or download?
- for PC or notebook: the NIC Interactive eBook is NOT A DOWNLOAD. You will need an internet connection to access our platform to read the book and replay the games.
- for tablet or phone: you can download the eBook on your device and read and play it offline in the New In Chess Books app
How to get access to the NIC Interactive eBook
The NIC Interactive eBooks can be read on all devices: PC, notebook, tablet or phone. To get access to the eBook you will need to sign in on your device with your username and your password.
How to read the eBook on your PC or notebook
First, buy the NIC Interactive eBook of your choice in our webshop. After about 10 minutes your order will have been processed, then:
1. Go to the webpage (see link below) that hosts all eBooks
2. Sign in with your username (your email address) and password (the same as you used in our shop) via the menu on the top right of your screen
3. Search for the book you have bought
4. Click on the book and start browsing - if another sign-in menu pops up, please see below for 'Problems with Google Chrome'
5. Click on 'gameviewer' to replay the games
6. You may experience a problem when signing in for the second time with Google Chrome, please see the note at the bottom of this page.
7. Please always realize: the eBook is NOT A DOWNLOAD. You will need an internet connection to access our platform and read the book and replay the games.
Link to the webpage for PC and notebook
How to read the eBook on your tablet or phone
1. download the New In Chess books app on your device (see links below). If you use an iPhone or iPad you will need iOS 11 or higher. If you use a device with Android software, you will need Android 5 or higher.
2. sign in with your username and password via the menu - usually on the top right of your screen, or the middle bottom of your screen
3. search for the book you have bought
4. click on the book and start browsing
5. click on 'gameviewer' to replay the games
6. to analyze a position, click on the 'analyze this' button next to the chessboard
7. the first time you use 'analyze this', you will need to install the 'analyze this' app - it has a Stockfish engine that will connect to the New In Chess Books app
Links to the New In Chess Books apps for tablet and phone
You can search in the app stores or click on these links:
Problems with Google Chrome?
You might experience a problem with logging in on the PC with Google Chrome.
If you need to sign in for a second time, the website might not recognize your credentials. This is caused by the cache (memory) of the Google Chrome browser.
To solve this issue, there are two options:
First, try the Private Mode / Incognito Mode of Google Chrome, by clicking Shift-Ctrl-N on your keyboard. You will get a black screen. Copy-paste the link to the webpage in this screen and sign in.
Secondly, restart Chrome, then clear the cache of your browser (clear history and clear cookies), and sign in again.
iTunes and Google Play
You can buy the NIC Interactive eBooks in our webshop. The eBooks are also available for sale on your tablet or phone via iTunes and the Play Store. Theses eBooks are exactly the same, but your access to the eBook is organized differently:
- eBooks bought via the webshop are accessed with your New In Chess username and password
- ebooks bought via iTunes and the Play Store are accessed via your iTunes account or Google Play account. When you are signed in with this account, the eBook is accessible.
- if you buy an eBook via our webshop, you can read this eBook on all your devices
- if you buy an eBook via iTunes, you can read this eBook on your iPad and iPhone - but not on other devices
- if you buy an eBook via the Play Store, you can read this eBook on tablet and phone with Android - but not on other devices
Help and contact
If you need help or contact, please email us at nic (at) newinchess.com We will try to answer your questions within two working days.