Nimzowitsch: Move by Move: Learn from the Games of a Chess Legend
- We ship all over the world
- Expert customer service
- Money-back guarantee
Aron Nimzowitsch is one of the most important figures in chess history. He was one of the World's strongest players and contributed enormously to the development of chess both through his games and his writings, which influenced many grandmasters who followed him.
Nimzowitsch was a leader of the Hypermodern School, which formed revolutionary ideas on chess strategy to challenge previously held beliefs and created many new opening systems.
In this book, Steve Giddins selects and studies his favourite games by Nimzowitsch and examines Nimzowitsch's skills in the vital areas of attack, defence, strategy and endgame play. He demonstrates how we can all improve by learning from Nimzowitsch's masterpieces.
Move by Move provides an ideal platform to study chess. By continually challenging the reader to answer probing questions throughout the book, the Move by Move format greatly encourages the learning and practising of vital skills just as much as the traditional assimilation of knowledge. Carefully selected questions and answers are designed to keep you actively involved and allow you to monitor your progress as you learn. This is an excellent way to improve your chess skills and knowledge.
* Learn from the games of a chess legend
* Important ideas absorbed by continued practice
* Utilizes an ideal approach to chess study
Steve Giddins is a FIDE Master and a former editor of British Chess Magazine. He’s the author of several outstanding books and is well known for his clarity and no-nonsense advice.
* Move by Move is interactive. Instead of the age-old lecture-style approach, readers are encouraged to participate by answering a series of questions and exercises in each game.
* Aron Nimzowitsch is one of the most popular figures in the history of chess.
|Publication date :||January 1, 2014|
|Number of pages :||280|
|Weight :||535 gram|