- Svitlana Demchenko: Understanding Material Imbalances
Svitlana Demchenko: Understanding Material Imbalances
- We ship to more than 100 countries
- Expert customer service
- Money-back guarantee
One of the first lessons we are taught in the beginning of our chess journey is how much every piece on the board is “worth”. However, the more we master the game, the more we realize that the “true” value of pieces can differ from their theoretical value, depending on the subtleties of the position.
When faced with material imbalances, it can be challenging to come to a correct evaluation and decide which plans to pursue. This DVD focuses on several types of material imbalances, such as Rook vs 2 Pieces, Queen vs 2 Rooks, and Queen vs Pieces. In this series, you will learn some general guidelines, explore model games played by the best players in the world, and test your knowledge through practice positions
• Video running time: 4 hours 30 min (English)
• With interactive training including video feedback
• Extra: Training with ChessBase apps - Play key positions against Fritz on various levels
WIM Svitlana Demchenko, born 2003, is a Ukrainian-born Canadian chess player. She was a multiple-time Canadian Girls Champion and a two-time North American Girls Champion in different age categories.