Chess Magazine September 2020: Back to the Board
Top level over-the-board chess resumed with the Biel International Chess Festival where GM Pentala Harikrishna's runner-up finish saw him return to the world top-20.
- We ship all over the world
- Expert customer service
- Money-back guarantee
In this issue:
- Editorial - Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with...Pentala Harikrishna - The Indian world no.20 always enjoys travelling to tournaments
- Back to Work - Michael Adams enjoyed his return to competitive chess at Biel
- The Legends - Even the presence of six greats couldn’t prevent Magnus winning
- How Good is Your Chess? - Daniel King has been enjoying Beyond Material and Spassky’s games
- Those Were the Days... - Milos Pavlovic recalls catching the chess bug at Spassky vs Korchnoi
- The Numbers Game - Jonathan Arnott reflects on the first season of the 4NCL Online
- Find the Winning Moves - Can you do as well as the world’s best at the Chessable Masters?
- At Last! - John Saunders presents the 1994/95 4NCL Show...
- Arkell’s Endings - Keith Arkell’s new book is devoted to his favourite phase of the game
- How to Promote a Self-Isolating Pawn - Paul Conway on why longplay is the best use of our online chess time
- Never Mind the Grandmasters - Carl discusses an important issue with Ernest Karamazondo
- Study the Classics!- During lockdown Carl Strugnell embraced synchronicity in study
- Overseas News - Success for Magnus Carlsen, Tom O’Gorman and Jeffery Xiong
- Studies with Stephenson - Brian presents a delightful joint composition by Afek and Minski
- Home News - We remember Julian Farrand as more British events appear on Lichess
- Reader’s Letter - Raj Bhopal on zugzwang and linking his medical research to chess
- This Month’s New Releases - Sean Marsh on Arkell’s Endings and Mastering Positional Sacrifices
- Saunders on Chess - John recalls playing Joe Gallagher long before he became a GM
|Choose your edition :||Magazine|
|Publication date :||September 10, 2020|
|Number of pages :||60|
|Publisher :||Chess & Bridge London|
|Weight :||144 gram|
We found other products you might like!
- Magazine SubscriptionStarting at €89.99