Learn From the Legends 3rd Edition
ChessCafe Book of the Year
Learn from the Legends is a modern classic.
Ten years after the original publication, Quality Chess offers a revised hardback edition. There is plenty of new material in it: a lot of corrections and additions and a new chapter on the latest chess legend, Magnus Carlsen.
Mihail Marin examines and explains the ideas of the legends who shaped modern chess.
The chapters in this book discuss:
• Rubinstein’s excellent rook endgame technique
• Alekhine’s expertise with the heavy pieces
• Botvinnik’s ability for deep analysis
• Tal’s handling of heavy pieces vs. minor pieces
• Petrosian’s positional exchange sacrifices
• Fischer’s strength with the king’s bishop
• Karpov’s handling of bishops of opposite colour
• Korchnoi the rebel
• Carlsen the new king
Mihail Marin is a grandmaster from Romania. His books have established him as one of the world's finest chess authors.
Matthew Sadler, former Britsh Champion:
"Absolutely recommended - a true 5-star book."
Jeremy Silman, author of 'How to Reassess Your Chess':
“I can’t recall having seen a better book in the last two decades.”